Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This is an emergency update: please stay tuned and be regaled with tales of Zac's lack of attention to detail as well as information about our major outreach. Not necessarily in that order.

First things first. I promised to let you know about our major outreach when I had more information about what all I can share online, which turns out wasn't a major worry after all but better safe than sorry. Anyways.

First off our Faith Outreach. Exactly what it says. Not even the leaders know where we are going. One of the staff from the base who will not be joining us will choose two locations, and then when we get to the bus station, said staff member will give us envelopes with our tickets in them, and that's when we find out where we are going. We will spend the whole time in prayer and letting God lead us to where we need to stay, who we need to meet, and what we need to be doing. We leave for that on September 11. Needless to say I am super stoked to do this as I have never really just completely gone out without an idea or plan. So we are praying a lot in prep for this and I would ask that you really remember our teams (2 teams for this) as we step out into God's will.

Then the first week of November we will head out for our Major Outreach. Again, stoked. We will go in the same 2 teams as our Faith Outreach. The first two weeks we will be in Thailand. The other team is heading to Southern Thailand. The team I'm part of will be heading to Sukhothai, which is the very South of Northern Thailand (or the very North of Central Thailand). We will be working with some ministries there and doing evangelism, but not so many details given out at that point. Then we will join up for a week at a as of yet unknown location in Thailand. Then for the next two weeks we will be working in two different cities in Cambodia!! Sweet right? Again, not so heavy on the details, but that's where we are headed. So please add that month (November & first of December) to your prayer list as well.

Now the emergency part. I miss read my email, or rather rewrote it in my mind when I gave out dates from memory rather than looking it up. But my next school payment is due on the 11th of September. So yeah, next week. As of right now I have had an anonymous donor give 5,000฿, and I have $98 transferring to from on PayPal subscriber and will have another $48 after the first. That comes to just under 5,000฿ before ATM fees and my two visa runs I will need to make before the 11th. So basically what I am saying is that I am just about 20,000฿ or $670 short of being able to go on the next outreach.

So I am asking for two things:
1. Prayer: God will provide the funds, but prayer is the catalyst for that to happen. Please join me in that. And also, just as importantly, pray for the outreaches. Funds don't matter without prayer cover to go on the trips, and if for some reason God decides not to provide the funds then my friends here still need the prayer cover. There is no such thing as wasted prayer, so please join me in praying for these things.

2. Consider giving. This is not to those who are already supporting me. I'm not asking for more from any of you. This is for those who have thought about it, but haven't. I'm asking each of you to listen to your heart. If God prompts you, give. If he doesn't, don't. I'm not asking for pity gifts, just for each person reading this to allow God to use him or her or them if He wants to.

Again, thank you all for staying with me through this in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks as well to each of you that responds to my emails with words of encouragement, they are very welcome and lift my spirit each time. Love and peace.

No comments: