Sunday, October 30, 2011

Identity, Evangelism & DNA

Two weeks in Sukhothai. One week in Kanchanburi. Two weeks in Cambodia. A week and a half of debrief and final stuff. Then DTS is done. Time flies eh?
DNA: "Every Tribe
Tongue & Nation"


The last four weeks have been intense. A week of Identity and Calling. Getting back into the bible and looking at who we are in our relationship with God and what that means in our lives. What is the dream of our life that God has put into us? Are we on a path to reach that, or are we following the dreams of others around us, or our own dreams for what we think our life should be? How do you discern between the two? I think I'm starting to get an idea of the long term goal I want to accomplish in my life time.

That weekend we went to Chiang Mai for a guys weekend. The time together with them was great. Got to chill, watch the Rugby world cup, and play some good ultimate frisbee. Awesome.

Evangelism really challenged me in the way I view some forms of it. Especially my attitude towards the track. I still think there is a right and wrong way to do tracks, but I have less of a distaste for them. I also realized that I focus way too much on the method and style of evangelism rather than focusing on the why I am doing it. It also gave me just a renewed desire to do it. To tell people about who Christ is.

Worship
Then we had the DNA Infusion conference for two weeks at our base. Approximately 160 people, from 27 different speaking around 39 different languages. The DNA team's goal was to come in and give the new generation of YWAMers a sense of the values on YWAM and why they became values, as well as to give wisdom on how to be Godly leaders. There was so much stuff in there. I am still processing through it all. God was also moving in all of our hearts for having a more globalized approach to life. That Christ has called us to the nations and to the ends of the earth. There were great times of prayer, worship and intercession and a really challenging and filling time. The fact that as a student I even had the opportunity to be a part of it is a huge blessing from God. Check out the video at the bottom for a glimpse of what it was like.

Prayer requests:
Outreach - Two things
    1. Pray that it will just be an awesome time where we as a school can really be the hands and feet of God to the places we go and that we will see Him move in power
    2 . Also pray that I would be focused on the outreach, not on what I am doing after
After outreach:
    Pleas pray as I am making plans to transition into the next step that I will be walking step by step in the path that the Father has laid out for me.
Funds:
   School fees are done, yes. But as I transition into living and working, I will need to raise a bit more consistent monthly support to pay for my bills. Right now I am receiving about $150 per month. Which has been great to help me with my bills while in the DTS and give me spending money. But it won't cover rent, gas and food, let alone help with the rest. So I will need to see a substantial increase in my support in order to be able to stay here.

See you in about 5 weeks with cool stories of all the things that God is going to do on outreach. God bless.


No comments: