Friday, December 23, 2011

The next 15 months and "beyond"

Hello all!

I have now been back in Chiang Mai for a week now. In that time I have managed to find a decent place I would love to rent and move into, caught up with some good friends I haven't seen in far too long, and already have one young man who wanting to do discipleship with me and is excited to get started. God is already doing cool things and the first week back is barely finished.

I am now working with Frontier Missions, the church planting arm of YWAM. I am on a team here in Chiang Mai that is committed to bringing the truth and the light of God's love to the hearts of the Northern Thai people. My vision is to see Northern Thai leaders rise up in their communities to reach their neighbors with the truth of the most high God. Men and women who will not just sit and listen, but who will go and do and have the foundation to stay reliant on God. In the next 5 years that I have committed to staying here in Chiang Mai, we want to see a movement start here that will spread across the North and through out Thailand.

My personal goals for the next 14 months are these:
1. To disciple (at least) 3 people who are wanting to commit everything, to where they are capable of, or already are leading groups of their own, and discipling others to do the same.
2. To see (at least) 1 solid 2nd generation church (church that I did not start, but was started by one of my disciplees)

I want to thank you for praying for me and for keeping up with me through emails and my blog. Because of your prayers, I have been able to:
1. Complete and pay for my DTS, as well as have God do so much work on my heart it's hard believe
2. Find ways through difficult situations that have arisen in the last few years
3. I am back in Chiang Mai safely
4. I have one person already wanting to do be discipled, and a list of others who are sitting on the fence
5. The YWAM base in Montana is looking like they will approve my application to receive donations. Which means I will have an Non-Profit who will take donations and send out tax deductible receipts.

The only thing lacking right now is in my finances. Please pray and ask God how he would have you support me.
Bottom line for the next 14-15 months is $20,000
and there is an attached file which will break down that amount if you would like to see how it will be used.

I am also needing at least $1,500 to come in before the second week of January for my visa run, work permit and rental deposit.

There are two ways to send support to me at the moment:

1. Paypal: You can access Paypal through the links on the right hand side of my blog here ==>

2. Personal Check: You can also continue to send checks to:
Zac Whertvine
301 W. Main ST
Suite 202
Ardmore OK 73401

When YWAM Montana sends me the info I need for tax deductible donations, I will email that information as well.

Thank you for partnering with me to see God do miraculous changes in peoples lives which will impact this nation. Merry Christmas and an amazing new year!

Zac Whertvine

--
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel" - Ephesians 6:19

No comments: