Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Moving along

Greetings and salutations!

It has been a few weeks, so let me catch you up on the moves that have happened.

Praises -

1. House! I was able to secure the house for a five year lease. Meaning Anne and I will have stable shelter for that long at least. I was also able to move all my stuff in without breaking anything or myself, so that's another praise.

2. Three people have stepped up to be monthly partners with Anne and I. Thankful for them.

3. Finished a few different videos. The learning curve is pretty steep so my friend Cal shot and edited the first one to show me how it is done. That was huge because he does this as his profession, so I learned much.

4. Was able to break for a about a week or so for the Northern Thai New Year. Was able to spend time with Anne's family one day, at some good friends houses' another, and still made it down to the moat for a wet'n'wild time. Also got to spend the day hanging with one of my future students, and then a friend of a friend who was visiting from the US paid a big portion of the bill when a group of us went out to eat NY style pizza, so I didn't blow my budget that night and got great pizza.

5. And the little things. My brother introduced me to www.grooveshark.com which actually works here. So I can check out lot's of new bands and old albums that I never got to listen to in their entirety. It's the little things.

Events -

The Laos trip is still up in the air. The school is moving slow on the process of things, mostly because of the holiday earlier this month. I'm not sure, but there is a chance that I won't have to go, that the visa could be changed in country. But I should know for sure on Friday, so please be praying for that.

I am start work on the 1st of May. I am super excited to get back to the university. Gotta figure out what classes exactly I will be teaching and then which ones I have to create the curriculum for.

Other News -

 We have decided on a theme, location and everything for the wedding, but now we are just waiting for the finances. I will be using my first paycheck from the university to pay for it, but there are several things that need to be paid for at least partially before had so that we can keep moving forward. I need to put half down on the location fee, then we can really get down to the details of the ceremony, as well as get invitations out to people.

Right now, my support is just barely covering my bills and food, so I am really looking for more people who are ready to join in with supporting us monthly, or at least willing to help out with the wedding.

Anne and I prayed hard before choosing this date. And this is what we felt. Anne's family still doesn't believe God is capable of doing anything or is even real. If we put off the wedding until we can pay for it all ourselves, then it is a normal thing. I believe God chose this time because He wants the glory for this wedding. It isn't going to happen unless he provides for it, and I have said as much to Anne's family. This puts me in the position of praying like never before. I don't know how, but I believe that God will provide for this day so that we can use it to share about His love, that Anne and I wouldn't ever have met if not for Jesus, and that when we follow Him in obedience, he will provide what we lack.

So please join with us in praying for this and if you are led to give, to support us as we enter into marriage together and into a life of sharing the Good News of Jesus's love, death and resurrection in Thailand.

Prayer Requests -

1. For our finances. That God would provide another $450 in monthly support for our ministry and life here.
2. For our wedding. That it would be a time where we can clearly share the love of the Father with all who attend.
3. For our 6 weeks of planning. That we would be able to get everything done with out freaking out too much.
4. That my family would be able to attend.
5. That I would be able to get my work done in a timely manner.
6. That this job would be in a field ripe for harvest and that the work would bear much fruit.
7. For the hearts of those I will be working with, teachers and students, that the Spirit would be working ahead of me and through me to get the Truth into their lives.

Here is a walk through of the house as well!



No comments: