Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Well, here we go. My last blog was about a change in pace. So is this one. Over the past two weeks I have come to realize and re-realize several things. One is I am stubborn, but we all know that. Another is nothing ever works the exact same way twice, especially in ministry, and that when you are frustrated, that is when everything decides to fall apart. Just sayin. I'll save my whining for another blog post. This one is to update everyone on what exactly I am doing over here.

The discussion that has been happening, really for the past 8 months, but intensely in my head for the past two, is which is the better approach to sharing the gospel. Having a central location to bring people from all over to and do ministry and sharing there (i.e. - start a church or 'outreach' center). This is what we do in America. It is what many of us have in our heads as how it should be done whether we realize it or not. It's comfortable, practical, and a whole lot easier to schedule things around.

The other is going out, finding someone and striking up a conversation, sharing with that person, and if they are interested, meet with them again, and get them to bring some friends, and while you are telling this person, teach this person to tell his/her friends he/she brings along. This way you start a small intimate group of people who know each other (easier to start the community framework) and you are teaching them how to share the stories of Christ at the same time, this way, they can go and do the same thing. This one is a bit more difficult because you have to go to a place intentionally, and sometimes it may be quite a while before you meet anyone who will listen. Me, I like the first one (read again "comfortable, practical, and [easy]")

Through talking with different people I am getting closer to, and praying/arguing, I have decided that the best direction for TK is to go with the second model. I am going this way because I think it is the direction that we should be going, that God wants us to go, but to be honest I am going a bit reluctantly for a myriad of reasons, mostly boiling down to the fact that it forces me way outside my comfort zone.

I'm not entirely sure where this is going to go. But I do know it means I am moving. I have told my landlord, and have begun searching for a new place. I am looking at 3 places right now, all are closer to the university. I think I have decided on one. But not 100% on that yet. I'll post on Facebook which ever one I choose.

I'll be updating over the next few days as I decide, process more of whats going on in my brain and heart, and what not.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Love you all.

zac

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for wisdom and peace, friend. Love you!

Sarah Lewie said...

Ok, so my "advice" last night was sucktackular given the fact that I am now more informed. =)

But even though I have sucky advice, I have prayers that are headed your direction, mi amigo.

Love you, including your uneven head. ;)

Brad said...

Hey man I am super excited about all you are getting to do.. and a little jealous. I love Thailand. It is the best