Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year! aka December Recap

December was by far the best month of this last year... I'm OK with that.

This past month  I have been able to be a part of three Christmas outreaches, two as staff, one as a participant. Seen a lot of friends whose schedules and mine have been conflicting, saw the best live blues performance of my life, and taught a whole lot of English.

The first outreach I went to was in Lampang, with some friends from the Southern Baptist's sending agency. We had games and songs and food for the kids and adults who came, and watched a movie in the local dialect that has a clear gospel presentation. After the movie we were able to split up into groups and talk about the movie with the people there. This was a way to get contact information so the local church there would be able to follow up and make some new relationships. Over all, it was really fun.

The Second one, the following weekend, I went up to Chiang Rai with my church, friends and a team from Singapore to help at a place that works with local hill tribe children. Again lots of games, food, snacks, a Thai band dressed as cowboys doing covers of classic American country/western hits, songs, and a gospel presentation that got the kids involved acting it out. It was a blast, beautiful, and cold. It actually got down in the 50's at night.

The last one was my church's annual Christmas party. This was the most chill, and had free salsa too! Got to see a whole lot of people from a few other churches that came that I don't normally get to see.

Christmas week I taught the whole week, but then had the past 4 days off, a nice little vacation. Was able to do a dinner with some friends and my girlfriend's family that was amazing, and going into the new year excited to see what is going to happen next.

Please be in prayer for:
1. My job - I am still looking for a full time position that will help support me a bit better than my current position and give me some stability in my housing so that I can stop moving all over the place.

2. My finances - still raising money for my trip home this year and for doing some tests to improve my credentials.

If anyone has given in the last few weeks, I will find out next week when the YWAM offices open again. I will also do an update in a week or so about my current financial state.

But for this post, hope you all have a blessed new year!


No comments: