Friday, February 1, 2013

What to do? What to do?

This month has gone by super fast, and really slow. Fast because, just fast. Slow because I've got so much going on I'm constantly on the go. Fills up the time.

But feeling it hard. I've been here 4 years! Thanks to God's provision, I've made it this far. I've learned so much about myself and what I want to be doing.

God has made me a teacher, I want to be teaching. I want to be in a stable environment where I can actually get close to the people I am working with without having to leave after 3-4 months. I want to have time to be able to spend with people outside of work. There are three main ways to do this

The first is to be strictly volunteer. I tried that at the beginning of this year, but I wasn't receiving enough support, and it was creating walls between me and the people I was wanting to share with.

The second is to work part time as well as have partners supporting me. That's what I am doing now. And while I think this way could be the best, especially if my funding was a bit higher and then I could do more volunteer teaching to open more doors, it isn't working out that way. Right now I am scrambling month to month trying to find enough funds to get by on.

The third way would be to get a full time job, and then do ministry in whatever time I have left over. While this isn't my preferred direction, it's the direction I am looking into as I apply for jobs now. I am looking for a more stable financial state.

My year end total income that I received: approximately $9,880. I survived another year, and a wreck by the grace of God. To be clear, that is all gifts, monthly donations and teaching.

So I am praying hard. Very hard. There is so much I want to do. But on this budget I can't. Period. I just can't. I can't even get home to see my family. Or anyone who supports me. Or to spread the news about what I am doing to find more supporters. ($1,500 round trip out of that number up there, double that if I want to get married)

So please pray for me for direction. If I don't start on my VISA extension this week, then I have to just apply for a whole new visa, which calls for an unnecessary trip out of country to Laos. I love Laos from the couple times I have already gone, but that's about $500 minimum I'd rather not spend.

I am still applying for new jobs, praying for support and wisdom about what direction to go with. Option 2 or 3. So please pray with me.

Again, you can always send a quick donation through the PayPal link on the right there.

If you would like a receipt, please send a check made out to: YWAM Montanna
In the memo line write: Project 3806
My name can not be on the check!

Address the envelope to:
YWAM Montanna

501 Blacktail Rd.
Lakeside MT  59922
   

No comments: