Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alright. Here we go!

Alrighty then. My iPhone has been updated and I have plenty of access to wireless now, so here we go!

The fam and I went down to DFW airport and checked into one of the airport hotels there where we had dinner and spent a little time together. Then they went to sleep, and I played on my phone. Then at 20 til four I caught the shuttle And headed to my gate, checked in and got on the plane. That took me to LAX where I met a couple from New Zeland who were headed to Bangcock, Tyron and Brooke. We talked for a bit, then went our separate ways on the plane. I got a lot of reading done on searching for God knows what by donald miller. It was really good. I'm looking forward to finishing it.

I also saw ghost town on the first flight, then death race, city of ember, and bottle shock ok the second. I liked all three and thuroughly recomend ghost town and bottle shock.

Got to Incheon airport, and ate dinner and hung out with Brooke and Ty til their flight left, then went and waited on mine. I was seated next to a man who was Korean, but lives in Chiang Mai as a missionary with the Church of Christ. I would have talked to him more, but I passed out as we were taxiing out to take off. Don't remember most of that flight.

But I landed and cleared customs, then went to Glen and Janets to spend the night. Did church and lunch with the SBU team, hung out with part of them at the umbrella festival and then did dinner and went with them to the airport.

Today is a lazy day to rest and get oriented. Worked on my budget and schedule a bit. Gonna move to Baan Kanoon (the community center) this afternoon and stay there til I move into my apartment on Friday.

Welp, that's a start. I'm here and things are getting going. Yay. Thank you for your prayers and support.

3 comments:

Sarah Lewie said...

Glad to hear you're safe and good. I need the reassurance. =) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

:) Sounds like an excellent start. We're praying.

zach caddy said...

wish i could be there man!