Wednesday, January 21, 2009

here's the wind up....

Well, it's been good the past couple of days. I've gotten to experience how things kind of go here at Baan Kanoon and get more of an idea of what I will be doing. I've had a lot more down time than I expected, which kinda frustrated me at first, but I realized has given me much time to just spend with God. That had been increadably energizing and encouraging. I read through donald millers searching for God knows what, which again, like when I was reading blue like jazz, was perfect timing. A lot of the issues he talks about hit home with me and helped me put into words things I have been feeling and going through. Then I started on brennen mannings signature of Jesus, which had been beautiful so far. Again touching on things that have been rolling around in my head.

Tuesday I sat in on a class and a half here at Baan Kanoon. So I'm not quite as anxious about what I will be doing in the classes.

Then yesterday morning I went to a juvenile prison with Richard Neal and Thum. It was a new class of students, about 16 and we got started a little. We worked on countries and introductions and had a good time.

Then in the afternoon is Kanoon Club where people can come to Bann Kanoon and just hang out to work on their English, or some bring homework from school to get help on. I met a new friend named Pop, he owns a couple of shops at different markets.

Then on wednesday nights I will be working with Richard during a class. We had fun last night, and the tangents are usually more fun than the lesson.

Today the two girls from California Bible University get here, and we have a team meetingnwith everyone who works in CM (minus Rob and Jordan whom are doing culture immertion at a village til feb 5) and we will get to talk about our teams goals and plans for the next few months.

That's about it. Move into my apartment tomorrow which I am stoked about, and I may end up leasing a scooter to get around on.

No comments: