Sunday, February 22, 2009

simple ain't always easy

Well, let's see here, what has happened this week. Tuesday we started two new things.

In the early morning we are meeting at BK (Bann Kanoon, for the new reader. I just now checked my comments from last week) and having an hour of concentrated prayer for the city, the people we know here, and all the ways that we and others are trying to share about the love of Christ. For those of you on the central time zone that would like to join us at the same time, beingblikr minded and united around the globe for this one city, that would be from 7-8pm on Monday evenings. If you aren't in central, you can figure it out cause you know where you are in relation to it.

We are also going to new areas of the city to pray and look around for a new way we are going to try and open some doors. I don't really want to get into specifics here. But you could keep this new idea and us carrying out the opening steps in your prayers. For our wisdom and discretion as we head into it. Rob is the one heading it up.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we taught out at north again. We also are getting to know two of the students from that group. We are planning on going on up to Doi Suthep with them on Saturday. That should prove interesting.

Wednesday we went out to the prison and had some fun, and then PiiThum got a little deeper with them and expounded on knowing there is more to life than just what we see. The kids were very attentive and even wanted him to keep talking, which was so encouraging.

Then on Thursday I had a morning meeting with Glen, and lunch with he and Ryder. Those were both good times. We had our meeting, at which people remembered my birthday, so we had icecream cake from DQ, and we also talked about our true goals an got more on the same page for how to accomplish them. We are talking about starting up some new things at BK. It was awesome. I'm excited to see where God takes us in this.

After teaching, we came back and met up with people at BK, and I got another cake. Then Becca and I went to eat dinner with Ken and Dew, the two from North that I mentioned above. After dinner we went and met up with the rest of our group for some karaoke. Good times were had by all.

Friday morning I called the rents, so they could say hi to me on my bday (it still was in America). Then went and got things ready for game show night at BK. We played some family feud, and then chilled an talked. Invited them to a camping trip BK is going to take in mid march. Oh yeah. Had language class. Funtimes. Makes my head hurt.

Saturday I woke up at 7 so I could be picked up by a friend to go with her church on a ministry thing they did. There is a small area north of the city where a few Burmese families live. Her church has been going out there, helping out as they can and taking care of them. The group I went with, the majority of them are also taking a trip to Cambodia mid March, so there were there as a team building experience as well. We sang songs and played games with the kids. I was having hardcore VBS flashbacks as we sang "Im in the Lords Army" (I may never march in the infantry, ride in the Calvary, shoot the artillery...) and "My God is so Big" (my God is so big, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do *clap,clap*) in Thai. That was awesome. Then split them up and told bible stories to them. And then made lunch for everyone. I was so glad for the opportunity to go.

Then we went back to Payup U where her church meets, and went from there to Kad Luang to shop. Found a great place with cheap clean and clear, so my toletries budget is back under control. Got a new shoulder bag as well since mine is all tore up.

Then went back to BK to meet up with Ken and Dew for dinner again, went from there to the Saturday night walking street. Got back to BK prolly around ten or eleven and found out PiiToey was there, and since we hadn't seen her in a few weeks sat and talked with her and left about one.

Saturday was beautiful. But frickin' long.

So Sunday I slept a lot. Then at worship we had a good bye party for NongDream because it was the last sunday she will be at worship before she leaves for the US to work in Vernal, Utah. And spent the evening there with her. Then I went to bed early.

Today, we are teaching out at north. The next three days will be our last out there. Pray for us again, for wisdom and good attitudes. Pray for our energy levels as well. We have all three felt less rested than we should be. Also, the whole BK team is having a mini spiritual retreat on Thursday, so pray for us that God would speak, and aslo that we would listen. Also, I'm the one coming up with a plan for this Friday night. I still don't know what to do.

Thank you again for all the support you are giving to this team by keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. Love you all take care.

No comments: