Monday, March 2, 2009

quik trip

Well, since last Monday. A whole freakin lot had gone down. So here we go!

We started out last week of teaching last Monday. We had a lot less kids this time around because of it being finals week. But it was fun. On Wednesday at the end of class Beca prayed over the class.

On Tuesday we continued our prayer group at 8, wednesday Glenn and I met and went to The Dukes where I had an amazing burger. Best one I have had since I left the states.

Thursday we had a spiritual retreat. It was stinking amazing. We spent great quality time together as a team, and also were well chalenged individually. It was sooo good. After it was over, Rob, Jordan, Lili and I went swimming in the resorts pool (oh yeah, we had it at a little out I the way resort) we headed over to Quinitins area pool for Dreams baptism. Then we had a time after where we ate dinner and prayed for Dream, and some said goodbye because it would be the last time they would see her for a while. Afterwards we went to the night bazaar to play around.

Friday we ran errands before language, and then got BK ready for fantastic Friday. It was my week, and since it was finals week for the students, last week before break, and our last week teaching, I decided we should watch a movie. I worked hard trying pick a movie that not only was entertaining but also raised good questions that could lead to good discussion, so I picked the emperors new groove. :-) it went over really well, everyone enjoyed it, and there were some good conversations that came out of it. A few of us went and grabbed food and hung out late.

Saturday, the three of us met up with Ken and Dew and two of their friends and went to Dew's family's place. Then all of us headed out to an orange grove about an hour and a half away. Ken and I rode in the back of the truck there and back. After the grove we went to Chang Dow cave. It was very interesting. It was both a beautiful natural wonder, and also a beautiful monument to Buddah. So going through the cave was a very interesting and educating experience. Came back and Beca cooked up some Mexican food for us at BK, and then we headed out to watch the curious case of bejamin button (which I highly, highly recomend). Which got out at midnight. Which of course was followed by getting food. Love those late night snacks.

Sunday we got to get up an go out to see several new believers get baptised from a church out in Mae Wong. It was awesome to be able to go out and support them in this. Afterwards we went to katies house to spend the night.

Woke up today and went bamboo rafting. Got back into town and met up with Ekk and Dream at the apartment. Headed to Kad Suan Kow to do some shopping with Dream, met up with other friends and right now we are watching get smart with Ken and Dew

Which is why I am rushing through this update. But if I didn't I wouldn't be sending anything out for a while. We are up at eight in the morning. I jave some prep I need to do for Wednesday at the prison, followed by language and then I'm not sure about evenin plans. But will be hanging out with Dream fir her last night in Thailand. Which will be a late night I am sure.

Then going to the prison wed morning. Have a team meeting then riding out to the train station to leave for Bangkok for the IMB orientation.

So that's the real reason I'm putting this up now. Because it's my last chance for a while. And I could use some prayers for energy and focus. This meeting is something I have been looking forward to for a bit. We are getting see what's going on here in Thailand, as well as visit a BSU there and see how they are doin things and see what ideas we can bring back to chiang mai.

Welp. Gotta head. Spending time with friends. Lata. Loves

1 comment:

zach caddy said...

i wanna go bamboo rafting


jealous.

we pray for you at house church every week bro, ur on our minds and hearts!