Monday, March 30, 2009

death of an iphone

Well, over the last week, it's been kind of slow. Or I've just been out of it. I think I hit a wall last Monday. I didn't do anything productive at all. I just laid in bed all day. I may have gone out that night but I don't really remember. Woke up on Tuesday and went to prayer time, got together an idea for Friday night an then worked out the details with Brooke, Lili and Beka. Then was really pretty much unproductive the rest of the day.

Wednesday I got up and met up with Richard and PiiThumb to head out to the prison. Discovered a great way not to practice English with them, pairing them up is a bad idea. And we did the lesson in the library with an official (duksit our usual contact was not there again) watching on. This made PiiThumb very nervous, but he did awesome, and the official got to hear some good stuff. So thank you for your prayers during and for that time.

Had lunch with Glenn, Janet, and Lili at The Dukes, so that was good fun and food. Then we went shopping for computer stuff, that's always fun. After that I hung out at BK working on the computers getting stuff ready for Friday and working on some other stuff. Then met up with A for our second lesson, which went better than the week before but ended when the power went out. That was awesome. Not

After we left I met up with Beka and Lili and we walked down to Sutheps night market, but I guess wednesday is their slow night, cause only on side of the street was set up. And our rotee stand wasn't there. So we found another and got some milkshakes and found a little shop that had all the quality of a dollar general and found some fun stuff.

Headed to bed then was going to get up early to do some spiritual mapping. Yeah, I'm still not a morning person. So I went to get lunch and enjoyed the team meeting. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention was that we, about 5 of us, created a survey questionaire that we are going to go through with our friends to find out more about them and different aspects of Thai culture. I'm looking forward to doing that.

But after the meeting I headed out to do my mapping. I had fun with it and met a lot of people, so that was fun. After I finished that up I had some dinner then met up with a guy named Chang. He is a mechanic and a friend of Brooke's who has been looking for a language partner, so he and I will be hanging out every well for an hour or so. Pray for us and me for wisdom and direction, and just things to talk about.

Friday morning I woke up late for what time I was supposed to be up, and then ran to BK to meet up with a team who was in town from Mississippi, we got to take them out to do some spiritual mapping. It was a new experience for them, so it was fun to be able to go along with them and help out. Plus PiiGoal was in my group so I got to hang out with him. He is believer who used to be a practicing monk and who used to hang out at BK a lot, but he hadn't been around lately. So pray for him as he is working a lot and also that he would come back into our group.

We ate some lunch at lemon tree, then I went back to BK to finish getting thrings ready for Friday night. It was my night to have things to do, so we whet out on a photo scavenger hunt, and did boys versus girls. The girls owned and had a blast. The guys said they had fun but seemed a bit more busy just hanging out and gettig snacks. But when we got back to BK to compare lists and pics, that was a lot of fun. Everybody yelling in English and Thai saying whether or not the pics should count.

Saturday I woke on up early again to teach my two students, then sat and listened through Rob and Glenn's financial seminar which was really cool. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon fixing this iPhone that decided to crash.

I lost all my music that was on here, pictures, bookmarks, all of my phone numbers and email addresses. I was really upset because I lost my notes, ones to friends, ones keeping track of info I needed, one that had music recomendations and email addresses on it. I was aggrivated that day.

But then Carrie came over and Ekk, Bekah, Carrie, and I all went to lemon tree again. Then we lost Bekah and picked up Meaw, headed to one of yw closer night markets where Ekk picked upper of the fundraiser shirts he ordered, then headed over to the North Gate to chill to some jazz music. We ran into Seth and Jen, some friends from Grace, and Sylvian joined us as well so we had a good group hanging out and enjoying it. I left early so I could get up early on Sunday.

Sunday morning I was up, showered and had a cup of coffee from 7-11 in hand walking down towards BK by 8 am. Then Rob, Jordan, me Brian and Susan and their son Adien all climbed into a van and we went to Burma. That was fun. We all needed to step out of the country because our 90 days was close to up. I still had about 20 but I din want to go by myself on my date so I came early. We stopped and had really good pie on the way there. Went around the market there inside the border, and then drove over to the golden triangle. We were going to do the boat ride to Laos but we were running late already. So we headed back to Chiang Mai, through a fun mountain road that had little light and lots of fun switchbacks. But made it home safely then went to bed.

Monday I slept in, ate a late lunch. Went up to the waterfall for some alone time. Then went any hung out at Mo's Coffee for a few hours playing on the wireless, and typing most of this. Met a couple of Thai girls and invited them to BK, then met up with Ekk Bekah and Lili to eat and then watch a movie.

Today we had our prayer time, and then I've been working on the stuff for the prison tomorrow. That about sums it up. Tune in next week for more fun adventures.

No comments: